A pioneer and visionary, Cesare Pio quickly realised the qualitative potential of fine Barolo terroirs, such as Barbaresco or Barbera. Founded in 1881 and comprising a 50-hectare terroir, the estate has been producing fine Piedmont wines for five generations, their deliberately limited quantities enhance the wine's excellence.
This 2016 Barbaresco by Pio Cesare is made from vineyards owned by the estate, located in the village of Treiso, namely the "Il Bricco" and San Stefanetto terroirs.
The vinification and ageing
Fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Maceration for 20 days. 35% of the juice is aged in French oak barrels (one third of which are new oak) for 30 months and the remaining 65% are aged for 3 years in French oak barrels, containing between 20 to 50 hectolitres.
A very elegant Barbaresco wine with a rich aromatic palette and fine tannins that harmoniously blend with a beautiful power.