1 free bottle of Château Giscours on your next order. | Discover
TrustMark
4.55/5
Pio Cesare : Barbaresco 2015
Yellow star
Parker92+/100
+3 ratings
Pio Cesare : Barbaresco 2015

Pio Cesare : Barbaresco 2015

- - Red - See details
£350.00 Incl. VAT & DP
£58.33 / Unit
Format : a box of 6 Bottles (75cl)
In-StockIn-Stock

Would you like to buy this wine individually?

This product is available in a mixed case.Read More
price-tag
  • Delivery
    DeliveryFree standard delivery from £ 250 purchase
    Navigation
  • Guaranteed provenance
    Guaranteed provenanceWines sourced directly from the producing estates
    Navigation
ALL VINTAGES OF THIS WINE

Marks and reviews

ParkerParker92+/100
DecanterDecanter91/100
Wine SpectatorWine Spectator91/100
Vinous - A. GalloniVinous - A. Galloni88/100

Description

A powerful and aromatic Barbaresco wine

The estate

A pioneer and visionary, Cesare Pio swiftly realised the qualitative potential of the great terroirs of Barolo, Barbaresco and Barbera. Founded in 1881 and looking after a 50-hectare terroir, the Pio Cesare estate has been producing great Piedmont wines for five generations, the deliberately limited quantity of which magnifies the utter excellence of these wines.

The vineyard

This 2015 Barbaresco by Pio Cesare is a Piedmont wine made from vineyards located in the village of Treiso, belonging to the estate, namely the terroir of "Il Bricco" and that of San Stefanetto.

Vinification and ageing

Fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Maceration for 20 days. The wine is aged for 35% of the juice for 30 months in French oak barrels (one third of which are new) and for the remaining 65% for 3 years in French oak barrels of 20 to 50 hectolitres.

The blend

Nebbiolo (100%).

Pio Cesare’s Barbaresco 2015: Characteristics and tasting tips

The tasting

This Barbaresco wine exhibits a refined blend between aromatic richness, power and utterly fine tannins.

Pio Cesare : Barbaresco 2015

Would you like to make up your own case?

arrow

Select 6 bottles of your choice

arrow

More than 5000 names available

arrow

If you wish, add an engraving on your case

tasting case
Pio Cesare : Barbaresco 2015
1 x 75CL
£61.00

infoYou will be directed to the mixed case space

Join us
Subscribe to stay informed of wine news, special offers and primeurs offers
livraison
Careful Delivery in the original packaging Regular shipments
support-white
Personalised Advice +44 20 3808 8832
paiement
100% Secure Payment
origine
Guaranteed provenance Wines sourced directly from the producing estates
2.0.0